by Susan Hanna
This recipe from Bon Appetit pairs roast chicken and greens with tomatoes and a tangy feta sauce. Toss the rooster, lemons and onions in oil and clean oregano. Brown the chicken, set aside and cook dinner the onions and lemon slices. Return the rooster to the pan and roast until finally carried out. When the chicken cooks, make the feta sauce. Serve the chicken, lemon and onion with sliced tomatoes and the feta sauce.
Staying away from Additives and Preservatives
Appear for feta and yogurt without additives and preservatives. I utilized Tre Stelle feta and Astro Authentic Balkan-Model yogurt. For more recipes utilizing all-purely natural components, stop by Eye For a Recipe.
- 1 lemon
- 6 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) finely chopped oregano, in addition leaves for serving
- ⅓ cup (85 ml) moreover 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) more-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2½ lb. (1.13 kg) skin-on, bone-in rooster thighs and/or drumsticks
- 2 medium red onions, reduce into 1-inch- (2.54-cm) thick wedges
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) simple total-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) crumbled feta
- 2 huge heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, sliced into ½-inch- (1.25-cm) thick rounds and/or wedges
- Spot a rack in prime 3rd of oven preheat to 450° F (232° C). Slash lemon in fifty percent. Thinly slice one 50 percent into rounds and get rid of seeds set other 50 percent apart for sauce.
- Whisk garlic, 2 tsp. (10 ml) chopped oregano, and ⅓ cup (85 ml) oil in a huge bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to bowl insert onions and lemon slices. Time with salt and pepper toss to coat.
- Warmth 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) oil in a big major skillet, if possible cast iron, over medium-higher. Prepare dinner rooster (leave onion and lemon powering in bowl), skin facet down, right until deep golden brown and crisp, 5–7 minutes. Transfer to a plate (hen will not be cooked by but).
- Cook dinner onions and lemon slices in the same pan, turning occasionally, right up until onions have taken on some colour and lemon slices have shrivelled slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange rooster in pan, skin side up transfer pan to oven. Roast until finally rooster is cooked by way of and onions are softened but even now maintain their shape, 16–20 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir yogurt, feta, and remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) oil in a medium bowl to incorporate. Squeeze in juice from reserved lemon 50 percent and increase 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) water mix effectively. Season feta sauce with salt.
- Organize tomatoes on a platter period with salt. Employing tongs, prepare rooster, onions, and lemon slices on leading. Pour any pan juices above and prime with oregano leaves. Provide with feta sauce along with.
From Bon Appetit