Agave’s Tequila Anejo Shrimp with Roasted Tomato and Serrano Grits 6 jumbo shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined 1 teaspoon vegetable oil 1 teaspoon Agave chile rub or Outdated Bay or other seafood seasoning 1 cup Tequila Citrus Product (see recipe) 2 leaves basil, roughly chopped 1 cup Roasted Tomato […]
Agave’s Tequila Anejo Shrimp with Roasted Tomato and Serrano Grits
- 6 jumbo shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Agave chile rub or Outdated Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1 cup Tequila Citrus Product (see recipe)
- 2 leaves basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Roasted Tomato and Serrano Grits (see recipe)
- 2 lime wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to 400 levels. Lightly oil grates.
- Toss shrimp with oil and chile rub or seafood seasoning until finally all shrimp is coated.
- Grill shrimp right up until exterior is seared, but inside is even now unusual, about 2 minutes. Take out from warmth and move shrimp to a substantial skillet. Increase Tequila Citrus Cream and basil and cook about medium heat right up until shrimp is cooked by way of, about 2 minutes.
- Put grits in a rimmed soup bowl. Top rated with shrimp, sauce and any ideal greens, squeeze juice from a single lime wedge around shrimp, then garnish with 2nd lime wedge.
For every serving: For each serving, complete recipe: 1,403 calories (% of energy from fat, 77), 33 grams protein, 47 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber, 119 grams complete body fat (65 grams saturated), 487 milligrams cholesterol, 2,356 milligrams sodium.
Tequila Citrus Cream
- 4 big tomatoes (about 2 lbs .) cored and halved
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 serrano peppers, with seeds, around chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 leaves basil, about chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 cups large product
- 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Warmth broiler. Evenly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Organize tomatoes, onion, serranos, garlic and basil on ready baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil right until every little thing is charred, stirring once in a while, about 4 minutes. Clear away from oven. Allow to great a little.
- In the jar of a blender, puree roasted greens, like any amassed juice from the baking sheet. Incorporate Worcestershire and red pepper flakes. Established apart 1 cup vegetable puree for cooking Roasted Tomato and Serrano Grits. Transfer remaining vegetable puree to a medium saucepan around medium-substantial warmth. Increase tequila and cook 2 minutes to cook dinner out alcoholic beverages. Increase product and margarine, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Taste for seasoning. Might be manufactured in advance and refrigerated right up until all set to use.
Would make 4 cups.
For each serving: For every tablespoon: 35 energy (per cent of calories from excess fat, 85), trace protein, 1 gram carbs, trace fiber, 3 grams complete unwanted fat (2 grams saturated), 8 milligrams cholesterol, 5 milligrams sodium.
Roasted Tomato and Serrano Grits
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup grits
- 3 cups significant cream
- 1 cup roasted vegetable puree from Tequila Citrus Product (see recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- In a huge saucepan, soften margarine above medium heat. Stir in grits, then incorporate cream. Provide combination to a boil and prepare dinner right up until grits are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring commonly. Incorporate roasted vegetable puree and lessen heat. Simmer 5 minutes. Style for seasoning.
Helps make 5 cups.
Dietary information and facts
Per serving: For each cup: 688 energy (per cent of energy from extra fat, 79), 7 grams protein, 30 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 61 grams overall at (35 grams saturated), 162 milligrams cholesterol, 149 milligrams sodium.
From the menu of…Agave Restaurant, 242 Boulevard SE, Atlanta. 404-588-0006, agaverestaurant.com.
Is there a recipe from a metro Atlanta restaurant you’d like to make at house? Explain to us and we’ll check out to get it. We’ll also take a look at it and adapt it for the house kitchen area. Mainly because of volume, we just cannot reply all inquiries. Send your request, your tackle and cellphone quantity to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “From the menu of” and the identify of the restaurant in the issue line.
ExploreMore need to-test recipes
Browse much more stories like this by liking Atlanta Restaurant Scene on Fb, following @ATLDiningNews on Twitter and @ajcdining on Instagram.