Athletic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MARKETING STRATEGIST
Athletic Brewing’s national accounts team is looking for a Marketing Strategist. Alongside our key account managers, this position will be accountable for the creation and execution of all chain marketing (On-Premise + Off-Premise) efforts as it relates to generating interest and consistency with Athletic Brewing Co.’s brand priorities, internal sales team objectives, and wholesaler partners. This position supports Athletic’s branding efforts in coordination with supplying our team and distributor partners’ materials to drive promotional opportunities. This position is also creative in nature, working with vendors, agencies, and internal peers to develop creative on-brand programs. This role must be critically aware of industry best practices, segment competition, and craft beer strategies.
- Lead omnichannel marketing strategy for national retail customers including Walmart, Target, Kroger, Albertsons Companies, Whole Foods and Instacart
- Collaborate with the marketing team on creating branded POS and promo materials within the Brand Guidelines and ensure delivery to sales representatives and wholesaler partners.
- Coordinate with marketing & NAM team to develop chain-specific marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Work with marketing team on expos event activations that are retailer facing (Expo East, NRA Show, etc)
- Manage the communication and execution of programs, promotional activity, merchandising plans, and new placements through the Athletic sales force, distributor network, and retail partners.
- Develop trade marketing programs to support national on and off-premise campaigns
- Manage the implementation of brand programming within both on and off-premise channel to deliver volume and share growth
- Manage relationships with third agencies and vendors to drive COT-specific tactics
- Partner with digital marketing agencies (like Quotient) to integrate retailer media platforms into national brand advertising strategies
- Communicate with NAM & production team to ensure enough product for any programs and to help with forecasting
- Utilize data to track and analyze both Athletic Brewing and competitive performance in key accounts, identify opportunities for growth, and guide personal activities and efforts
- Create annual sales plans and manage promotional spend/budget by account and staying within budgetary guidelines
- Recognize the importance of product mix, merchandising, marketing, competition, and market conditions.
- Ensures branding criterion is followed in the course of POS and merchandise design
- Drive digital coupon programs and partnerships that enhance Athletic sales and campaign effectiveness at key chains
- Track, analyze, and report the success of campaigns and events
- Monitoring customer, market, and competitive activity and provide feedback to NAM team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a role involved in trade marketing or branding.
- Experience in CPG or alcohol industry preferred.
- Candidates with experience and/or relationships with national OFP/ONP accounts such as: BWW, Earl’s, Dardin Group, Kroger, Albertsons, Whole Foods, etc is greatly valued
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with NAM team.
- Effective communication, presentation, follow-up, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other office-related software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator valued.
- Strong budget and business analytic skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers.
- Thorough knowledge of the beer industry, specifically on the wholesaler/supplier level, and the 3-tier system.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills including the desire to learn all marketing and sales aspects of the company.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, the job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving is expected
- Location: Work from home/road (welcome at breweries anytime!) – located near heavy ONP area is valued (i.e New York City, Boston, Chicago, etc)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience – Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company paid benefits for team members and family: health, vision, and dental. Company-paid team member life and disability with a 5% 401k match.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
Apply for this Job